Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fun on the Farm




For the Croptoberfest Day 10 challenge at http://www.apronstringsdesigns.blogspot.com/, to try a new technique, I decided to make a custom 3-dimensional embellishment using wet cardstock. For the husks of the cornstalk, I cut leaf shapes out of white-core cardstock and soaked themm in water. I wrinkled them and squeezed the excess water out and then molded them into shape to dry. The white core helped to enhance the edges, as they begin to peel away into layers. The corn cob inside the husks I made by stamping the eraser-end of a pencil in chalk ink and stamping individual ears of corn. I think it turned out pretty cute!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It is totally cute and really looks like an ear of corn. Way to go on the new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page with your new technique! Wonderful fall pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME! Never would have even thought of that, and then on the layout, it's just fantastic! You rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Pretty cute" is a severe understatement! This is so cool I need to try it too!

    ReplyDelete