Saturday, July 10, 2010

Play Time

For My Croppy Summer Challenge #8 @ http://apronstringsdesigns.blogspot.com/, to be inspired by media. I was inspired by some children's books by author David Shannon. I like how the text on his pages are like children's scribblings, and how the dark background on the page below from "David Gets in Trouble" was like a chalkboard. I used some chalkboard-like paper for my background and hand-wrote the title in crayon. It's not my favorite layout, but it was good to step out of my comfort zone. I struggle with primary colors.


3 comments:

  1. Melissa - it's great! I love the colours you used and the way the photos follow the same shape as the boy's body in the inspiration. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful. Congrats on getting out of that comfort zone, twice!

    ReplyDelete