Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sweet Girl

For My Croppy Summer Challenge # 7 @ http://apronstringsdesigns.blogspot.com/, to be inspired by an old layout. I looked though my first 2 albums and found the below page, which mortifies me!
-First, I don't know why I thought that ANYTHING pink was appropriate to be combined together. There's probablly 15 different shades of pink (and only pink) that don't belong together on there. So on my new layout, I wantd to use pink in a more controlled way, and incorporate other colors.
-I don't like that I used full sheets of patterned paper as a background, so for the new layout I still incororated patterned paper as a base, but balanced it with cardstock and an inner piece of a more neutral pattern.
-I don't like the placement of photos below, so for the new layout I organized them so that several small photos grouped together balanced out 1 larger photo on the right.
-I also incorporated some differnt techniques on the new layout, such as an acrylic-paint stamped title and Glimmer Mist on the cardstock.



2 comments:

  1. Great use of the pink not too much! Love the Smooch Spritz you used on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the new version! And I'm having a good chuckle at not only the layouts but the comments about the layouts. Thanks for being brave and showing those "pieces of the path" in your scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete